Learning to Walk on Water

It feels surreal to be home. I feel like I am a visitor in the place that I grew up in. I feel as though I am only in town for a few weeks and then will be heading home but that is not the case. I miss Africa so much already that it physically hurts. I miss the people, the culture, the natural beauty, the smell, the dust and the way that everything that we do is community based. I know that its only been 3 days and that it will only get more challenging but my heart aches. Of course I am excited to see my family and to get to know them again, but I can't hide the fact that it is challenging. Despite that,  I have chosen to trust God in the tough seasons. I have made the conscience choice to follow God and surrender my worries and expectations to Him even though it is one of the most difficult things that I have ever had to do. I've surrendered my expectations of what life will look like in Canada and I've surrendered my expectations of people because if I don't it will become even more challenging. I know that God has brought me back to Canada for a reason and even though I would love to continue serving in Africa, I know and trust that God has me here for this season and that I will be back to Africa. My family and my community kids in Africa have not seen the last of me. God has told me that I will return to Africa and so I have to hold onto His promises and let go and trust in this season. He has the best plan possible for my life and even though its scary and challenging to be back in Canada, I'm willing to walk on the water if that means following where God has brought me to in this season.

**I'm going to keep this blog active as a way to express my feelings around being home and the way that God is continuing to mold me during this season of being home.**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Time to Learn

Selfless giving

Daring to Hope Part 2