Looking Ahead

As many people may know, I arrived back in South Africa on Saturday the 7th of January to serve with Hands at Work where we jumped right into the launch of the new year with our watchword (a verse that sets the theme for the year).  I was wonderfully granted the rest of the week to rest, get caught up on my sleep and the opportunity to connect with people who I hadn't seen in a few months as well as help with looking after some of the children. 

I know that before I left Canada, many people were curious to know about what exactly I would be doing while I was in Africa. At the time, I didn't exactly have an answer, because in all honesty I didn't even know. All I knew was that I would be serving in whatever way was necessary.  However since arriving and settling back into life in Africa, I had a meeting where I found out that I would once again be serving on the communications team. For those that are wondering what exactly the communications team does, well we do exactly what it sounds like. The Hands at Work communications team help to spread God's message about what is happening in Africa and speaks as a voice for the voiceless. What this looks like on a practical level? We use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, iTunes and our website as platforms to share to the social media world. As a team, we work on reporting, proposals, creating content and podcasts, writing newsletters etc. I feel blessed to be apart of this team and to serve God in this way. 

As I look forward to see what this year will hold, I wait in expectation to see what God is going to do. For His plan is far greater than mine could ever be. If you would like to support me emotionally and spiritually I have a couple of prayer requests: 

- Pray that God would help me to adjust to life back in Africa, that He would slowly ease the feeling of homesickness as I have been missing my family and friends quite a bit. 

- Pray that God would continue to speak into my life and help me grow in Him as I live my life following His callIf you would like to know more about the organisation that I'm volunteering with please visit www.handsatwork.org or if you feel called to support me financially feel free to contact me. I would love to hear from you! Thank you for all of your support! xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Time to Learn

Daring to Hope Part 2

Selfless giving