Last Minute Thoughts

As I sit here contemplating my upcoming trip, I feel excitement, as well as nervousness.  As a person who typically doesn't enjoy the idea of change and not knowing the unknown, this trip - I can only imagine - will prove to be quite an area of growth for me. Despite not knowing whats going to happen, I am so pumped. This upcoming year will be quite the adventure and I can hardly wait.
I can't believe that after almost a year of waiting and planning, I am only two days away from leaving. Initially last august my plan was to go this past February. Despite my own plans, God had other ideas. Circumstances came along, that prevented me from going in February, but boy am ever thankful that I listened to God and didn't just give up. Or else I would be missing out. There really is a blessing that comes from waiting and being patient.
 Thankfully everything else has been coming together as planned. I had a minor setback when my visa came back unapproved, but all it took was reading over the instructions once again - properly this time- and it was being sent back and approved. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of joy that I felt when that document was in my hands. I was officially allowed in South Africa for year. Yeah!  Despite all of my excitement and anticipation, a part of me remains anxious. Perhaps that is because of the fact that I will be travelling across the world for a year, or maybe it is the idea of being without family for a year. None the less I remain full of mixed emotions. Excitement and anticipated yet nervous and anxious because of what is to come.
The idea of going across the world has always been a scary idea to me. However, how much regret would I feel if I let the fear and anticipation of something like this keep me from experiencing all that God has in store for me. I would be arguing and denying the plan that he has for my life. I heard a quote the other day that said simply "What and if are two-words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. What if? What if" What if I chose to let fear inhibit me from experiencing the live that God has intended for me to live?
So here I am sitting at my kitchen table writing as my family goes through life around me and I can't believe that I'm about to leave. I'm so excited that words can't even describe!!!!!!!! In just a few short days I will be sitting amongst the poorest of the poor sharing a meal and playing with the children. The children that love to the fullest and the women who give of themselves even when they have nothing left to give. This year will be a year full of growth, learning, excitement, adventure and so much more. God has given me this blessed opportunity and so here I am putting myself out onto the water, saying God do with my life what you will. Its in yours hand now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Time to Learn

Daring to Hope Part 2

Selfless giving